Tuesday, June 9, 2009

T-2

People were in pretty good spirits today. We got the silver car back from the shop, where it was being fixed after some teenager decided to text while driving and ended up with her bumper in Katrina's trunk. (Not as interesting as it sounds, I promise.) I had a ton of work I had to get done, and I still have several loose ends that need tying up before I take off. I did successfully manage to avoid packing, though. so score one for the good guys, I guess.

Really, though, it sort of interesting how we're walking about trying to keep our day as normal as possible, while the imminent separation hangs over our head. Katrina wanted me to wake her up after the kids fell asleep so that we could watch Gran Turino together (no dice), so I'm just trying to get a bit of work done for the Prof. while listening to the Red Wings game. I was peeking on on the Cubs game for a while, too, but I'm comfortable enough with a 7-run lead to just let that one go.

Le sigh. Suppose I should go back to Alvarez and find some quotable quotes before I return that book to the library tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment